We are looking for someone to lead our Housekeeping and Cleaning department. This person will have a good background in this field and be confident in leading and inspiring a small team.
An exciting opportunity to join one of the county’s leading hospitality operations. The Assembly House is a Georgian gem in the heart of the city which has been hosting fabulous celebrations for centuries. The Grade I-listed splendour of the House is evident from the moment you approach our sweeping driveway and, once inside, there is romance hidden around every corner. From the sparkling chandeliers that make evenings glitter to the gorgeous gardens, to the glamorous dining room where we serve our famous Afternoon Tea, our aim is to exceed customer expectations every visit. We have 11 spacious and stylish bedrooms (soon to be 13!), six with their own secret gardens, four with their own lounges, a bridal suite with its own garden and two opulent top-floor suites to choose from, all of which boast top-of-the-range luxury fixtures and fittings.
Hours of Work (Part Time)
Part Time and Full Time applicants considered.
Part time 25-30 hours over 5 days
Full time 40 hours over 5 or 6 days.
Negotiable salary depending on experience for full time. Hourly rate available for successful part time candidate.
This person is a self-motivated individual. This person has a keen eye for detail and is a perfectionist in everything they do. They are always on time and fit for work. They are both able to work independently or as part of a small team. This person is presentable in their appearance and this transfers into their day to
day work. This person is a natural leader and communicator, they lead from the front and inspire others through their hard work.
Scope of the position:
The scope of this role will be to:
• Maintain a clean environment for both house and bedroom guests
• As part of a team, maintain housekeeping standards across all luxury bedrooms and storage areas
• To work with passion, motivation and enthusiasm at all times
• To lead, organise and motivate the team on a daily basis.
Key Duties House
• Cleaning of house men’s, women’s, baby changing and disabled toilet areas on a daily basis
• Cleaning of communal corridor areas, including hoovering, dusting and polishing
• Mopping and polishing of wooden floor areas
• Ensuring that conference rooms are clean and presentable at all times.
• Deep cleaning of carpeted areas of the house when necessary.
• Hoovering and cleaning of restaurant areas on a daily basis
Key Duties Bedrooms
• Hoovering and dusting of all communal areas
• Changing of linen of guest departed rooms or relaying guest stay over rooms. Bed and soft
furnishing room dressing.
• Washing of crockery and glassware for rooms
• Replenishment of in room amenities such as toiletries, tea and coffee, biscuits, sweets and
anything else needed for bedroom guests.
• Dusting, polishing and cleaning of all in room furniture
• Cleaning of guests bathroom, including toilets, walk in showers, baths, sinks, mirrors and floors.
• Washing of cloths at the end of each shift
• Replenishment of cleaning materials in storage cupboards and housekeeping corridor
• Maintaining clean shelving for storage of goods and linen.
• Any additional cleaning requirements at the request of the Head Housekeeper or General Manager
Key duties – Leadership and management
• Oversee and organise Main house cleaning schedules and rotas
• Implement check lists for daily cleaning duties across the house and carryu out ‘standards’ spot
• Weekly rota for cleaning / housekeeping team
• Ordering for housekeeping and cleaning supplies on a weekly basis.
• Control of costs for all cleaning products and a twice yearly product cost review
• Implement new procedures for all house areas and carry out training sessions for team.
• Report to senior management on a weekly basis.
• Carry out reviews for housekeeping and cleaning teams
• Motivate and lead the team from the front. Inspiring your colleagues to a great performance!
• Liaise effectively with staff in all departments across the House.
• Communicate with Front of House and General Manager on a daily basis.
• Communication with any bedroom guests.
• Attend any training or discussions relating to your role.
• Communicate professionally at all times with colleagues and customers.