Scope of the position:
The scope of this role will be to:
- To effectively work in the restaurant, bar and events areas of the Assembly House.
- To work well as part of a large team but also to work well in a section buy themselves
- To ensure that all pre-set service standards are met at all times.
- To carry out all service needs effectively and efficiently across the wide range of services The Assembly House provides.
- To understand all of the products that The Assembly House provides.
Key Duties Restaurant Areas
- Set up all restaurant areas for the various services provided. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, pre theatre and dinner service
- To ensure that all restaurant areas are presentable and ready for service at all times
- Take customer orders correctly and process through touch screen till accurately.
- Prepare and serve customer drinks efficiently and correctly
- Serve food to customers at the table ensuring that they have everything they need to enjoy their meals.
- Process customer payments and record all information correctly in line with company guidelines.
- Promote and describe products to customers based around all restaurant menus and services.
Key Duties Events Areas
- Prepare cutlery, crockery and glassware for events and functions.
- Set up rooms according to event sheets and set up plans accurately and efficiently.
- Prepare drinks both for guest arrival and on a bar service.
- Process payments on the mobile bar
- Serve food along with the rest of the team in an efficient and professional manner.
- Clear down and cleaning of all function areas and in front of house areas of kitchen.
- Service of hot drinks to guests.
- Liaise effectively with staff in all departments across the House.
- Communication with Front of House Supervisors and Front of House Manager on daily basis.
- Communicate quickly and efficiently with guests.
- Communicate professionally at all times with colleagues and customers.
Health & Safety
Comply with the Health and Safety procedures of the Business and inform your line Manager of any improvements required
To participate in training, to increase knowledge and develop new skills relevant to the role.
To attend regular reviews in order to discuss the position and assist in personal development.