Byfords kitchen is known for its busy services. A constantly full tab grabber is the norm and the ideal chef would be ready to jump into a busy kitchen and show their skills under pressure.
If you want to prove yourself, this is the kitchen to do it in. The sous chef role over the years has been taken up by some decent chefs and in the words of one well known Norfolk Chef, if you can handle Byfords Kitchen, then you can handle any kitchen.
You will be in charge of the kitchen in the Head Chefs absence. The opportunity to promote and be able to move around the business group once proven can be offered. Previous experience in casual dining is essential.
The Sous Chef role provides a unique opportunity at Byfords to be a part of an ever-growing business
About the team/product:
- Join your manager & your team on a thumbs up mission to create the best possible customer journey. Inspiring each other, you will take ownership of your individual role, delivering incredible service with passion and drive.
- You’ll be joining an incredibly talented team that genuinely cares about this business and our purpose. Most have pretty good banter too! Approach your work in the same manner. The goal is to be missed every time you are not there!
- Our teams are curious and open-minded. We try new things and change the norms. Get on board and enjoy the crazy ride!
- We make incredibly delicious, fresh high-quality food daily. Get familiar with all the products and don’t be afraid to throw your ideas in the ring or point it out when it’s not quite right.
- We are not your run of the mill restaurant/hotel. Our space is comfortable, generous and exciting. We hope you will take pride in it and care for it.
- Byfords is a 15th Century building with tonnes of character. Byfords is our founding brand within our family and has been open since 2000. We serve delicious food throughout the day, as well as the Store serving freshly prepared takeaway food, and the Posh B&B that consists of 16 uniquely designed rooms. Byfords is a fun, quirky and charming business to work for with plenty of opportunities with passionate, hard-working individuals.
- Our family is made up of a number of individual brands. We work in a range of sectors; hospitality, online & property development. Our purpose and values apply to all our businesses.
- We communicate and market ourselves via the Norfolk Passport. Card Holders receive 10% off everything we do and we simply tell them about everything we get up to. This very important group of people also provide us with honest internal feedback, it doesn’t matter if it is good or bad we want to know about it; we just prefer it to be good!
Why and how we do what we do
The plan is to stick around for the long term and to constantly be at the top of our game, therefore we need a clear reason to exist. Our purpose is to earn TRUST from everybody who connects with our environment; each other, our paying customers, suppliers, the community etc. Joining us means you have a responsibility to understand why we do things and we have a duty to help you believe in our purpose and our values. Your aim is to approach every day with these awesome attitudes to achieve endless thumbs-up moments.
Ultimately, If you are a kick-ass character with a top-notch approach to life you are well on your way to becoming a good fit for our team.